May 13-20, 2017 Explore the cashmere and wool farms of Umbria and much more. 2 places still available More info > Knitting Tour
• Culinary and wine tours
Come learn with local chefs the secrets to the flavor of Umbria.
More info> aWeekinUmbriaCooks
Join us for our upcoming Umbrian Wine and Culinary Adventure, June 9-17, 2017
• Book Club tours
Read 3 books and come prepared for the authors’ world come alive as you discover the actual settings and real flavors of Umbria. (Available for 2 to 4 people too)
More info> Book Club tours
• Art tours
From our Etruscan roots to the High Renaissance, Umbria offers great art experiences. Discover the work of truly spectacular artists like Giotto, Perugino, Signorelli, Pinturicchio, Gozzoli, Lippi, and Lo Spagna. Tour great museums and churches, and out of the way places.
More info > Art of Umbria tour
Perfect location to explore Umbria
• Conveniently located in the center of Umbria with easy access to all of major roads
• Explore the fabled cities of Assisi, Perugia, Orvieto, and Spoleto – to name but a few. Savor Umbrian cuisine and wine with a mixture of home cooked meals, visits to extraordinary local restaurants, and wine tastings. Discover intimate villages and hill towns or shop for world famous ceramics in Deruta, and you’ll enjoy breathtaking views all along the way.
• Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca extends a warm welcome to the LGBT community where you can relax in a friendly environment.
• The beautifully restored palazzo is quite flexible with private apartments and B&B rooms that can be combined to sleep up to 14.
• Airport pick up/drop off available
• Group or day tours available.
What to expect at Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca
aWeekinUmbria declares Bettona an official Sanctuary City This year it's more important than ever to...
Q&A with Michael LaPlaca, Owner/Innkeeper at Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca Jane: Hi Michael. I’d like you to tell us a little...
Villa Boccaglione opens at last I have past the Villa Boccaglione, in Passagio just beneath the...
Back to the blog > Vuoi pranzare insieme? (Do you want...
The sauce is fragrant and there are small pools of delicious olive oil that make me want to dip my...
Back to the blog > Ferragosto rose Today is Ferragosto*, the 15th of August, a holiday in...
Last time I was in New York, I was talking to someone at a party and, when I said I...
Life in Bettona The reality of living on two different continents means that I’m not always sure where I am these...
By the time we’ve reached the front gate of Bettona, the halfway point in our walk around the town walls,...
I know I’ve spoken to just about everyone about my fascination with the clouds here in Umbria — to me...